Beware of the Dream Stealers
The enemy tends to be people and things that get in the way of your dreams.
It may be family, friends, co-workers, boss, mentors, teachers.
It could be addictions like drugs, alcohol, gambling, eating, dieting, smoking.
It very well can be devices such as computers, cell phones, radio, television.
And, it can be social media; the very sites created to connect and socialize with others can be to the detriment to all you love, all you desire, all you dream of.
And, many of us…WE ARE OUR BIGGEST ENEMY. It shows in your thoughts, your words, your beliefs; every area of your life.
How do you know what the Dream Stealers are for you?
They are the things, people, places that pull you down and stand in your way. They are things that hurt you, burden you, cause stress and strife.
I’ve learned this:
Change will happen with or without you.
Time will move with or without you.
So, success is in YOUR hands because everyone has to deal with time and change. How you deal with it, is what makes the difference between what you have now and what you dream of.
So, Now What?
Do not fear other people’s opinions; they don’t live your life, they don’t decide your future and THEY DO NOT LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR DECISIONS.
Whether the results are “good” or “bad”, they are YOUR results based on YOUR decisions. You will learn from your experiences and depending on how committed you are to your dreams, you can use what you’ve learned to know what works, what doesn’t, what adjustments to make.
YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS.
So…honestly, who the hell cares what they think?
So, let’s take some action right here and now.
Take a good look at yourself. Take a serious look at your environment. Take inventory of it all; the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful.
- What actions do you take…
- …that DO align with your dreams?
- …that do NOT align with your dreams?
- Who are you influenced by…
- …that DOES align with your dreams? They are where you want to be and have left clues to their success that you can follow.
- …that does NOT align with your goals?
- What habits do you have, that you implement on a daily basis that…
- …build You Up, Nurture Yourself, Aligns with Your Dreams
- …break you down, tear you down, depress or stress you
- Why do your dreams mean so much to you?
- How would it feel to achieve your dreams?
- How would your life change?
- How would you contribute to the world?
- HOW WOULD IT FEEL IF YOU DID NOT ACHIEVE THOSE DREAMS?
- If 1 year, 5 years, 20 years from now…what would life for you look like if you did not pursue your dreams RIGHT NOW?
Write it all down. Every single thing that comes to mind.
Everything that does NOT align with your dreams…CUT IT OUT.
You know how you will feel if you do not achieve your dreams…don’t go there.
Decide to make a change NOW.
Change starts with YOU.
Believe in your dreams and remember your reasons why and TAKE ACTION.
Every. Single. Day.
REMEMBER: The most important relationship you will ever have is the one with yourself. Invest in YOU because only you can create a life you love.